- This event has passed.
Portland Trails 15×15 / Annual Meeting
April 11, 2019 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Portland Trails’ annual meeting is coming up and the Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust will be presenting to the group on Appalachian Trail conservation! Lots of other friends are on the agenda as well!
The annual meeting is a night of the best ideas in trails, transportation, conservation, and placemaking from members of our community. The 15×15 presentation style inspires presenters to be deep, brief, and snappy; and it inspires audiences to walk away educated and entertained.
Presenters get 15 slides, and 15 seconds per slide, to share the story of their idea or innovation. In years past, we’ve heard from lawyers, middle schoolers, bridge builders, botanists and more. Join us for an evening of great ideas, snacks, drinks and community!
5:30 pm: Member reception and Annual Meeting
6:00 pm: 15×15 Presentations
When: Thursday, April 11th, 2019 at 5:30PM
Where: Oxbow Brewing – 49 Washington Ave, Portland
Free. Light refreshments during annual meeting, cash bar.
2019 Master of Ceremonies: Casey Gilbert, Portland Downtown
- Craig Freshley: Before Portland had the Internet, Portland had Bicycles
- Doug Welch: 100 years of Plastic -My Plastic Life
- Gillian Schair: Ladies Adventure Club
- Michelle Praught: Virtual Walkabouts
- Simon Rucker: Appalachian Trail conservation
- Bruce Rayner: Cape Elizabeth Plogging
- Ainsley Judge: The Life of a Bike from Scrap to Joy
- Carolann Ouelette: Maine outdoor tourism
- Azenaide Pedro and Nyaruot Nguany: Environmental Changemaking
- Kara Wooldrik: Portland Trails Special Sauce